Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dear Ole Miss,

Well, the end is in sight. I have two finals down, two more to go! Finals week is seriously the worst week of any college students life. I have given up on studying for my French final (which is at 8 am tomorrow) and decided to compile some Ole Miss memories. It hasn't really sunk in yet that I have three more days left as a student at Ole Miss. And I'm not really sure how I feel about that. It's kind of like when I graduated high school. Boy, was I glad to be out of there, but at the same time, I made a lot of good memories and know that I am closing the door on a chapter of my life. No more Grove, no more dorm life, no more Honors College, no more fighting for a parking space, no more bad Union food, no more DM. All of these things will soon be replaced by my life at Delta State and my life with Caleb. It feels good to be moving forward but part of me hates to see it go. I wanted to go to Ole Miss since I was a little girl. It was my dream school and when the time came to make that decision, I really never considered anywhere else. But, dreams aren't always what we want them to be. Ole Miss wasn't right for me. Not that I have anything against it, but it just wasn't a good fit. So part of me feels like I'm losing my childhood dream, but the adult in me knows that I am making the right decision. I'll miss some things and some people for sure but there are also somethings (and people) that I will never in a million years miss. It has been a growing and learning experince. That's for sure.

So goodbye Ole Miss. Thanks for the good times and all the memories. Just because I'm not graduating from Ole Miss doesn't mean that I won't always be a Rebel. Hotty Toddy!

Typical night in the dorm room.
Caleb on his Ventures trip to San Francisco
Me in San Fran with HARVEY! Words cannot express how much I love the Honors College for sending me to San Fran. Best 5 days of my life, easily.
The single football game I actually attended. But I watch them all on TV
Us in the Grove freshman year
The one time I went to the Square at night.
My freshman dorm. I was on the 10th floor. It was hell.
The Sally McDonald Barksdale Honors College
The best thing about Ole Miss. I will miss Sally.
The Grove
A quote on the James Meredith memorial. I know what he means.
The Quad. Prettiest Spot on campus in the spring.
In San Fran again. Caleb and I are going back for our Honeymoon. :)
Caleb's freshman dorm room
My freshman dorm room.
And one final look at the Grove before game day.
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment