Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Love Story

Today I am linking up with Becky at From Mrs. to Mama to tell my love story. O love, doesn't it just make you smile?



1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Caleb and I have been together for 3 years and 9 months...throughout our entire college experience. 
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
O,  how we met. The real story is not safe to blog about...only a handful of people know this story (excluding my parents who may or may not be reading this), and it was not my finest hour...so I would like to keep the first bit a secret, k? After this initial...um.."incident", Caleb was supposed to take me to my senior prom because my boyfriend at the time wasn't allowed to go and we were friends who both needed dates. WELL. Long story short, Caleb DID NOT take me to my prom, a fact that I have not let him live down. And prom turned out to be one of the worst experiences of my life thus far. 
After prom, I broke up with my boyfriend. A few weeks went by  and my best friend had a party. Caleb and I had been casually texting, so I mentioned that I was alone and bored at the party. Caleb must have FLEW across town because before I knew it, he showed up (with a bottle of Jack Daniels in hand...super classy, right?). We hung out that night and decided to go on our first official and proper date the next day. We went to Outback Steakhouse and I had the worst salad of my life, but it didn't matter because I was kind of obsessed with the boy sitting across from me. 

Outback happened on a Sunday night. We went out Monday night, Tuesday for lunch, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday....you get where I am going. We became glued at the hip from that point forward. It just so happened that we had decided to go to the same college in the fall and by the time we made it there, I was in love and knew I was going to marry him.

3. If married, how long have you been married?
We have been married for almost 4 months. FYI, Being married isn't all that different from living together. I thought after we were married, something would be "different" but it's not....which isn't bad because our relationship was (is) rock solid.
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  
 We got married on October 15 in Southaven, Mississippi (our home town) in the church I grew up in and that Caleb is now a part of. Our wedding was medium sized, I think. We had somewhere near 130 people attend.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Sorry to disappoint, but we call each other by name most of the time. Sometimes we will use "baby" or "love" (as in "Love, could you fold my clothes, please?") Caleb has somewhat recently started calling me Cole and I sorta really love it. 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
1. His beliefs/convictions/ideals. 
2. His personality/sense of humor
3. His kind heart 
 
7. Tell us how he proposed? 
I pressured Caleb to propose. I am a very controlling person. He proposed in our living room at 10 at night on a Wednesday. I think he was trying to catch me off guard and he totally did. I was wearing pjs, no makeup and my hair was a hot mess. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Um. Is "none of the above" an option? I am pretty sure I got a bear one year for Vday and I usually get flowers. But I wouldn't say Caleb is a "flowers and teddy bear" kind of guy. 
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
O, I am all about some dinner on the beach. But...most often, I turn into a movie on the couch type girl. 
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day.  
My personal dream in life is to go to Paris for a summer. This has been my dream since I was 16 or so, long before I started dating Caleb. But, now that he is in my life, I could never go to Paris without him. I want him to share that dream with me because I don't want to accomplish my life's dream without him beside me. 
 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
I wish we had plans, but it's a Tuesday night. We both have to work and go to school. Maybe we'll have some alone time that night??? (If I am lucky)
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
No. I can't really ask for anything because Chirstmas, my birthday, Caleb's birthday and Valentine's day all occur within a month and a half of each other. By the time Valentine's Day roles around, I pretty much have everything I want. 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
My best advice is to always be able to speak what is on your mind and be able to listen to what your partner has to say. I am really proud of our communication skills. 
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

 This was taken in July 2008, after we had been dating for 3 months. We were such babies, but I really realized how much I loved him on this vacation. 

Well, that's part of our love story. Maybe one day I will take the time to write it all out...but we're still so young and our love story is still happening. How about you? Do you have a romantic or real love story to share? 

Nicole

All professional photos were taken by Susan Prater at designs by prater 

1 comments:

  1. Hi there, landed on your blog from the "our love story" link-up, which was a while I know! Although I didn't participate I still loved reading everyone's love story ;)

    I love the advice you gave about speaking each others' mind!

    Following you now on GFC - come check out my blog and visit me if you like it too, thanks!

    ReplyDelete