Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dinner Date Night (on a budget!)

I woke up this morning and seriously thought that my appendix had burst. My stomach hurt so bad! I suppose my appendix is still intact, as the pain subsided with a handful of Tylenol and a day full of Grey's Anatomy. Needless to say though, I took it easy most of the day.

The hubs got off work early today (!Happywife!) and I was feeling better so I decided we should spend some quality time together and have a homemade dinner!!

I made these roasted chicken legs from The Pioneer Woman...who just happens to be my culinary hero. Her food is so full of flavor and just as easy to make. They were super juicy, which is a miracle for me because my chicken is ALWAYS dry! One thing I would do differently next time is LOAD on the spices. She says not to skimp in her recipe and she means it!! Pile it on because the parts of the skin that had lots of seasoning were by far the best part. (I know the skin is super unhealthy...but it's so dang good...)



I also made some chicken and broccoli rice (from a package). You know the best part of this meal??? It cost around $4 to make. I got the legs on sale at Kroger for $2 (!!!), the rice was a dollar, and the seasoning for the chicken I already had but probably cost a .50 for the amounts I used. Less than $2 a person. For us broke college kids, this is as fancy as a $4 meal gets. Perhaps the price tag made it taste extra good. ;)


Nicole

1 comments:

  1. Oh no, glad you are feeling a bit better! Stomach aches are the worst. On a brighter note, your dinner looks yummy! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete