Monday, March 12, 2012

Sadie's Adoption Story


One year ago today, this little love-bug became my Sadie.

I begged and begged (and begged some more) Caleb for a puppy for a couple of months. Around Spring Break 2011, Caleb decided it was finally time. We went to the shelter in Greenwood and found a 1 year old dog that we both liked. We decided she would be ours. We filled out all the paperwork and waited for her to be released to us in 3 days. In that time, the shelter discovered that the pup had BAD heartworms and she would need immediate treatment. Unfortunatly, we didn't have $500 to spend on her needed treatment and we couldn't get her.

I. was. devastated. 

So after mourning the puppy we didn't have, we decided to try the shelter here in Cleveland. We originally didn't want a puppy, for the obvious reasons. But as we walked the kennels, there was this face staring back at me.


That face was my Sadie, a 7 week old lab mix. We filled out more paperwork, and then the following Saturday, Caleb met me a work for lunch with Sadie in the back seat. :) It was love.

We were a family right off the bat. We went to the park on my lunch break and got Sonic as a family. I was so happy and she was the most playful puppy.



And then...(DUN DUN DUN)...Sadie threw up. We chalked that up to too much Sonic for a little girl. But then Caleb took her home and she did it agian...and again...and again. So Caleb called the vet and they said to bring her in ASAP. Turns out, little girl had Parvo, a potentially deadly disease for puppies.  :(

Last spring break for us was filled with trips to see Sadie at the vet, with her IV hookup and all. When we weren't at the vet with Sade, we called them nonstop. We probably (no, we did) got on their last nerves, but I was scared for my new baby. I was such a new mom.

After a week at the vet, Sadie was well enough to come home! And she has been healthy and happy ever since.


She is the best puppy daughter. She loves to chew, chase the cats, keep watch of the house, eat everything, and play outside. She has changed my life in such a positive way. I can't wait for a life full of Sadie kisses every morning. :) Here are some of my favorite pictures of my baby.




Nicole

1 comments: