Monday, April 23, 2012

Voiceless

Just as my blog has been silent since last week, I too have been silent. I went to work Friday feeling fine and then by the end of the day, I could FEEL my voice deteriorating. By 9pm, I tried to talk and nothing came out. By Saturday morning, I felt like a truck hit me. I was running a fever, had a sore throat, and could not even get a whisper out. And you know what I REALLY wanted to do Saturday? Why, go to a family reunion, of course! (ahem..can you detect my sarcasm?) But I had promised my grandparents that we would go.

But I was SICK y'all. I only had like two bites of chicken at the family reunion, aka the southern Mecca of good down home cooking. It was a sad day because I really love to eat.

I did drink my weight in homemade lemonade so it wasn't a total loss.

Since Caleb and I got married in October, I have gotten laryngitis/the-worst-sore-throat-known-to-man FOUR separate times, each time lasting anywhere from 5 days to 10 days (and counting). I have come to the conclusion that I must be allergic to marriage.

I have been to the doctor, and she didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal...well, she has obviously never lost her voice and had to work with customers daily.

But I think my voice is finally coming back. Since Saturday, I have at least been making a noise when I try to talk.

I think I sound like this:



But I probably don't sound that cool.


Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment