Friday, June 15, 2012

On my hiatus.

Please excuse my absence, blog-world. Here's my obligatory blog post explaining my silence.

1. I haven't done anything blog-worthy since summer started. I go to work. I go to summer school. I sit on the couch and watch Criminal Minds (aka my new favorite show) marathons. Sometimes, if I am feeling super energized, I take Sadie on walks or drives. It's not a life to write home about.

2. Life has been hard lately and I do NOT want to be a negative Nancy (or negative Nicole, I suppose). I don't want my little space on the internet to be filled with complaints, whining, moping, and self-pity. There is enough of that in the world. No one wants to read about how depressing my life is (or at least I hope you don't).

3. I have been working through some really REAL emotions and feelings that I do want to share with the world, but every time I try to start writing or talking about them, nothing does it justice. I think partly I'm scared to say some things out loud, but they are things I really, really want to say. This blog was started to document the milestones in my life, and I feel like there is a real shift coming on the horizon. I feel like I am finally becoming a "grown up". I feel myself changing more and more. I want to journal all of this on the blog. I just need to find my voice.

So there is the scoop. I wish I had a cool story about how I ran away to play tambourine in a traveling band, or decided to become a recluse in the French countryside, or even how the FBI came and recruited me to be an undercover agent...but alas...

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment