Sunday, November 4, 2012

Almond JOY.

Does anyone else go out the day after Halloween and snatch up all the left over, half-off candy? I am a self professed candy addict, so I can't help but load up on SALE candy.
I love sales.
I love candy.
Put those two together and this girl is well on her way to prediabetes. (btw...It's not cool of me to make fun of diabetes. It's a serious illness, people. I'm a bad person.)

Anyway, point of the story is coming. Caleb went to Kroger to score a bag of mixed chocolate candy last week. We snacked on the bag all weekend until today when all that was left were Almond Joys.
Ick. 
Almond Joys were always in the "reject" pile in my childhood days of candy swapping.
I don't like Almond Joys.
But I was desperate. I needed my morning dosage of sugary goodness. (I have a serious problem)
So I slowly unwrapped the Almond Joy and took a big bite.
OMG. My world is turned upside down.
Almond Joys are FABULOUS. 
Why has no one ever told me this???
 I finished off the bag in one sitting they were so good. Is there a Candy Addict Anonymous? (It's also not cool of me to make fun of addiction. I've seen "Intervention" Addiction is serious. I'm a super bad person)

This got me thinking. My whole life I have been turning down Almond Joys because I didn't think I liked them. In reality, I had actually never ever tried an Almond Joy. I just decided sometime long ago that they were gross.
But I was wrong.
How many other foods/people/experiences/things/relationships have I turned down because of some silly notion I conjured up out of nowhere?
I am so quick to judge and hold onto those judgements...to the point of not even knowing where/why they originated.

Failure, Nicole. Failure.

So here's to being open and trying new things.
Keeping and open mind and heart.
Going back to things I had written off.
Trying the unexpected.

Nicole

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha...
    This post kept me laughing!
    Love it.

    Thank you so much for linking your favorite post this week to the Raising Imperfection Sunday Link Up.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured.

    Lanaya
    http://www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am a candy addict as well and I love almond joys, like super love. Alas I didn't buy any Halloween candy this year which is just not normal for me. Love this post!

    Thanks for linking up to Raising Imperfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Raising Imperfection. I have a candy addiction too. Well, just a sweet tooth in general. Coconut clusters are my fave. It is such bad news that Russell Stover now has a store in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay now you have me curious. I have to go find a pack and give it a try, because just like you I did not see how fulfilling it can be.
    I enjoyed reading this post and I am following you now.
    I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/anticipating-grenada.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely love the sale candy! Otherwise it is ridiculously expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that this post was featured on Violet Imperfection from Sunday's Raising Imperfection linky party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes they are delicous. Much better than mounds. Visitng from the blog working wednesay

    ReplyDelete