Monday, November 12, 2012

Show and Tell (a link up)

Today I am linking up with Becky @ From Mrs. to Mama for her weekly link up!

The topic for today's  link up is "cold weather"...which is slightly ironic considering it was 70 degrees in Mississippi all weekend.
I'm not complaining though, o weather gods. Keep it up!


1. Tell us what you like to do when it's cold outside.


Stay INSIDE. I do not like cold weather, especially Mississippi cold, which is dreary drizzle and clouds most of the time. Everything gets brown and soggy here in the winter. It's depressing.
On one of the 10 pretty days we get during the "winter", I like to walk around campus all bundled up and let Sadie play in the yard...and then go back inside.
Let's not kid ourselves and assume we get snow. That happens every couple of years if we are lucky.


The last snow day we had. It was on Caleb's birthday and probably the biggest snow I have ever seen.


2. Tell us some of your favorite "winter" recipes.

Soup! Soup, all the time! I don't actually know how to make soup from scratch (bad wife!) but Bear Creek has really yummy soup mixes that go on sale at Kroger a lot.  :)

3. Show a picture of something that makes you think of the cold.


My parent's dog (my sister) playing in the snow.

4. Tell us /show us some of your favorite accessories/outfits for the winter

I love scarves during the winter months. I wear them almost every day. Some of my favorites for this year:




5. Tell us if you had the option of snow or no snow, what would you pick?

SNOW! Only because people in Mississippi freak the flip out when it flurries outside. Like school canceled, grocery stores flooded with people preparing for the snowpocalypse. It's a sight.

Nicole




3 comments:

  1. Fun getting to know some randoms about you! I'm with you. If it's cold I just stay nice and cozy warm inside. And that red scarf needs to be in my closet!

    New follower from the hop!

    Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you live in Mississippi! I just moved to the south (Gainesville, Florida- I consider it the south)

    Just found your adorable blog through the hop! I am happy to say I am your newest follower and I am excited to get to know you! I would love for you to stop by and following along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scarves!
    Thanks for linking up with us this week at the Friday Chaos! Hope you have fun.
    Have a nice weekend
    Kerry
    www.ohsoamelia.com

    ReplyDelete