Thursday, December 6, 2012

A tour of our Christmas Tree

I thought it would be fun to give everyone a closer look at our Christmas Tree and all the special ornaments that are on it. I love amalgamation trees...where each ornament has a story to tell. We only have a few right now,but over the years, I want to phase out the generic ornaments and fill our tree with only ornaments that have a special place in our hearts, big or small.

So here is the beginning of my collection. Many more to come...and if anyone wants to send me a special ornament, I'd be down with that.   :-)

This is the oldest ornament I have. I made this in PreK, which was almost 20 years ago. I actually remember making it. I chose yellow and red because those were my favorite color Power Rangers, duh.

Bride Minnie from our honeymoon in Disneyworld


Groom Mickey from Disneyworld


My mom has these types of ornaments made for our family every year. Last year, she got Caleb and I our first one. I can't wait to have one for every Christmas and add little snowmen. 


This ornament belonged to my mother. (FYI-I talk about my "mom" on the blog a lot. My "mom" is actually my step-mom, but I don't like calling her that. If I use "mother" I usually mean my biological mother, who passed away....and that all is a whole nother blog post.)


Fun Fact: Panda Bears are my absolute favorite animal. I adore them, probably a little too much. I got this cute clay Panda...and then my puppy got a hold of her...she is now missing an ear and an eye.


Jingle Bells given to as a gift that I'll always remember.


My little brother gave this to me in 2004! Our high school mascot was the Jaguars.


One of the ornaments that I braved Black Friday for. It is pink and sparkly, therefore I am obsessed.


Hotty Toddy for life, ya'll. Also a special memory.


A silver snowflake from a Christmas shop in Eureka Springs, Arkansas from over 10 years ago. I kinda jacked it from my mom's tree.


A gift.


Another crazy Black Friday purchase. This one is pink and lacy, therefore I am just as equally obsessed.

And I couldn't really call myself a Francophile if the Eiffel Tower didn't make some kind of appearance, right?


So what do your trees look like? Do you have special ornaments with stories to tell?

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment