Monday, January 28, 2013

The 411 on being preggo

Whew! It feels good to get that secret out in the open. I am a horrible secret-keeper and it about drove me crazy. No more secrets from now on, promise. :)

So I'll catch you up to speed on my pregnancy journey, thus far.

- Though baby is very welcome, baby was not planned. Not even a little bit. But that's ok.

- We got a positive pregnancy test the day before Christmas Eve. Best gift ever.

- My brother actually took me to Walgreens to buy the test and since Caleb was sitting through "The Hobbit" and I couldn't wait. So of course my brother had to know the results, so he knew before Caleb.

- I was so nervous/excited/scared to death that I couldn't even say "I'm pregnant" to Caleb. I just shoved the pee stick in his face.

- I have been quite fortunate and haven't had much "morning sickness" (more like any time of day or night sickness) to speak of. A little nausea and one bout of throwing up, but overall I've felt great in the tummy department.

- I have been quite tired but having serious problems sleeping.

- I have become quite the crier. I go from fine to bawling in a moment, with some very odd things triggering the emotional breakdowns. I cried for 10 minutes one day because we had no straws. That was one of my most fine moments.

- Everyone (family, friends, coworkers) has been so excited and incredibly sweet. Kinda makes me want to cry some more.

- The baby will be the first grandchild for my parents and Caleb's parents.

- The baby will also have 6 great grandmothers and 4 great grandfathers. Pretty much going to be the most spoiled child ever.

- So far everyone wants a girl (with the exception of my 13 year old brother). Caleb and I would love a girl, but I have a feeling it's a boy. We would love a boy, too.

- Caleb's nick name for me is Coco, therefore the baby is Coco Bean.

- I think we have a boy and a girl name picked out but we aren't sharing just yet.

- I've already bought several outfits in green and yellow. I can't pass up a sale, after all.

Well, that's a lot of baby updates. These first ten weeks have been wonderful and very exciting. Kinda ready for my bump now. :)

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment