Friday, December 13, 2013

A quiet thought

It's 9:23 and my child is still asleep. And I'm up. Not sure how that happened, but I'm enjoying my quiet moment this morning. Quiet moments, that don't involve a 3 month old attached to me, are  few and far between these days. 

Caleb and I have been under a lot of stress these past few months. When we found out I was pregnant, we were both full time students without much of a plan. We were anxious. We were worried. But everything has worked out beautifully for us. Caleb has an amazing job that he loves and he is a semester away from his master's degree. And somehow, the cards fell in a way that allowed me to stay home with Wilson, at least for a little while. I feel like we are living the dream most days. 

But there are still worries and stress. We don't ever seem to have quite enough money or time or energy. We could chose to be consumed by that stress. To keep it on our minds day and night. 

But we choose not to. We choose happiness. We choose love. We choose peace. 

Because, in the end, we will work it all out. We always have. Enough will be provided for us. 

My child has woken up and is gleefully banging his arms on the rails of his crib. Not sure why he thinks that is fun, but he does. I'm going to go get my happy baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment