Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I might write a bit about what I'm most thankful for and recap our holiday week. The holiday itself, with the pilgrims and Indians, is a bit flawed. I don't support or celebrate foreign invaders wiping out whole native populations, which is what really happened, but I think of Thanksgiving a bit less literally. For me, it's more about everyone stopping their busy lives for just one day to collectively reflect on and appreciate the things we have. 

I have so much to be thankful for this year. My happy, healthy, growing son is at the top of my list. In just a few days Wilson will be 3 months old.  He is such a joy for me, Caleb and everyone who meets him. 


His first Thanksgiving was a huge success. He met so many new friends and family members. I even let him try a bite of mashed potatos but he wasn't so sure. I think he will stick to bottles for now. 


I'm also incredibly thankful for my husband. He does so much for me and our family. He found us a great house and worked hard this weekend to get us moved in. He is always willing to help me out with Wilson and reminds me I'm an awesome mom when I need it most. We are each other's support through good and bad. I am so grateful for our marriage. 


We could not have had a happy Thanksgiving without visiting with our families. There is always an abundance of love whenever we all get together. It was great to introduce baby Wilson to his extended family as well as give him some quality time with his grandparents and aunt/uncles. It makes my heart so happy to see how much my baby is loved. 


It was a busy but so happy holiday. It makes me so excited for the Christmas season. I knew my life would be better with Wilson but I never would have imagined just how special the holiday season would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment