Monday, December 9, 2013

Wilson's Christmas List


Since Wilson is still so little, I didn't want to go overboard with his Christmas this year. That's not to say I didn't buy him more than I should have, because I definitely did, but it's mostly little things this year. Caleb and I actually have a rule about gifts for our children. "One thing you want, one thing you need, one thing to wear, and one thing to read". I read that somewhere a long time ago but it sounds like a policy we would like to stick to with our kids. 

Clearly, as the photo above shows, I did not stick to that so much this year. But again, Wilson is so small he has no clue what's going on. So I think I'm allowed a pass on the rule this year, or at least I hope my husband thinks so. 

Wilson's big gift from mom and dad was his play seat. And I'm not going to lie, I gave it to him the day we got it and it is a life saver. He loves sitting in it. I think I might wrap it up Christmas Eve and let him open it Christmas morning just so we will have the pictures. 

The rest of his things are from Santa and are just small toys and books. I am realizing I tend to be attracted to more "old school" toys and books. I'm sure there are lots of great newer toys, but does a 3 month old really need a toy with 4665 lights and sounds? I think not. 

So there is baby Wilson's first Christmas list. With all of his grandparent, great grandparents, and aunt and uncles, I'm pretty sure he is going to rack up this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment