Monday, January 27, 2014

A year of food #3

I am feeling pretty damn accomplished over here. 3 weeks in and I am still cooking like I belong on the food network! They say it takes 30 days to make a habit, but I'm going to say that 21 days has made cooking a habit for me. It's part of my routine. I don't panic about what we will eat or stress over recipes that require more than two steps. I'm finding my culinary groove and it feels good, both in my heart and belly. 

So here's what's been for dinner this week. 

Monday: 
Jamaican jerk chicken and mushroom rice pilaf


Tuesday:
Left overs. Caleb was in class until 8:30. Boo. 

Wednesday:
Chicken pot pie


Thursday:
Honey sriracha chicken thighs


Friday:
BBQ chicken pizza with homemade naan crust


Saturday:
White bean soup, ham, and crusty bread


Sunday:
Homemade vegetable fried rice, homemade sweet and sour sauce, frozen chicken bites 



It was a good week in food at our house. I tried almost a new recipes and they were all quite good. Especially that BBQ pizza. There are more naan crusts in my future. Mmmmmmm. 

And one thing these pictures have shown me, it's that I don't make/eat nearly enough vegetables. I don't really like vegetables very much but I know they are good for me and I wan to set a good example for Wilson. So I'm going to have to learn to cook (and eat) vegetables. That's my goal for next month. Cook 4 nights a week and more vegetable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment