Monday, February 17, 2014

A Year of Food #6

Monday:
Pork Braciole 


If you are like me and had never heard of Braciole (pronounced bra-jole, I think. I don't know Italian), it's just rolled up meat with a filling. I watched Giada make it on her show and thought "hey, I can make that" and I just went for it, no recipe. I stuffed it with mushrooms and breadcrumbs and cheese. It was really good. They turned into mini bracioles because I bought the wrong pork, but they were still tasty. 

Tuesday: 
Tortellini tomato soup with spinach and sausage


Wednesday:
Sesame chicken with green beans and mushrooms, vegetable fried rice 


Thursday:
Red beans and rice


Friday:
Chicken pot pie


We went out to eat Saturday and Sunday. Eating out is probably one of my favorite things to do, ever. So I really enjoyed this weekend. 

I'm craving "southern" food like chicken fried steak and hush puppies but I can't find recipes I like. Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment