Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A year of food #9

Caleb took off work yesterday, so I forgot it was actually Monday and time to post my food. Oops. 

Monday: 
Chipotle chicken chili


Tuesday:
Vegetable yakisoba


Wednesday:
Salsa chicken casserole


Thursday:
Leftovers

Friday:
Pizza

Saturday:
Ham, biscuits, hominy


Sunday: 
Fried chicken (we are such stereotypical southerners) 

Monday:
Greek tacos


I just need to tell everyone how amazingly good the Greek tacos were. I've admitted that I don't really like vegetables, but this taco was stuffed with veggies and I loved it! All you do is oven roast zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, onions and chicken with a olive oil, garlic, lemon, and red wine vinegar marinade for 1 hour. Serve it on a pita with feta, Greek yogurt, red pepper flakes and peproncinis on the side. It's so simple and I honestly didn't expect to like it at all, but it is hands down one of the best things I've ever made. And bonus points for being healthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment