Tuesday, April 29, 2014

6 years

Sometime around the end of April and the beginning of May is Caleb and my 6 year together anniversary. We never really became "official", we just spent every day together and eventually started throwing around the boyfriend/girlfriend titles after a few weeks. 

It's hard to believe that we have spent 1/4 if our lives together already. It's also hard to believe that we somehow "made it" as a couple through college and growing up. Most 18 year olds don't start dating the person they will end up marrying. I certainly didn't think I was in the beginning. But over the months and years, it became so obvious that we should get married. We fit together so well. Our personalities couldn't be more diiferent, but we even each other out. We have always wanted the same things in life, even if I might have been on a faster time line. 

I'm so grateful that we got irresponsibly drunk that one random night when we were in high school. If it hadn't been for that night and that bottle of tequila, we would have never in a million years have gotten together. It blows my mind to think how that one night changed my whole life. Who would have guessed? 

I love Caleb and our life together. There is no one else in the world I would rather spend my life with. Everyday I'm glad he is by my side. Our relationship and our family is the best. Even when we fight and are too tired to be nice to one another, he is still the best. 

Ok. Enough of the mushy stuff. I'm really not a romantic or lovey dovey person.  :)

For fun, here are some pictures of us over the years. Please note how freaking skinny we both were! Maybe we can get back there one day. Ha. 


The first photo I have of us, about 8 months before we started dating. We were 17. 


High school graduation and dating about 3 weeks. 


Freshman year of college at Ole Miss. 


St. Louis, summer 2009. 


Junior year of college at Delta State.


Engaged! 


Honeymoon in Disney World. 


First year of marriage. 


Preggo second year of marriage. 


Our first family photo


And us now. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment