Monday, April 14, 2014

A trip to the zoo

We took Wilson to the Memphis Zoo on Saturday. He he a little small to really take it all in and enjoy it, but I still think he had fun. Wilson's favorite part was the petting farm where he could get close to the animals. He particularly liked the chickens and goats. 




He and I also got to get really close to one of the panda bears. I have a life long obsession with pandas, so it was a really special moment for me that we got so close together. After visiting the pandas, we went to the panda gift shop and Wilson got his first stuffed panda. I was so obsessed and in love with my panda collection as a kid, so I got really sappy over starting one for Wilson. And to my surprise, he already loves his panda. He held onto it the rest of the day at the zoo.




We got to watch a few minutes of the sea lion show and listened to a "keeper chat" at the elephants. Wilson was pretty uninterested, but Caleb and I love learning about the animals. Overall, it was a pretty fun day. We were all exhausted afterward, but I love exploring the world with Wilson. 



What a difference a year makes, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment