Saturday, April 5, 2014

Wilson -- 7 Months

So baby Wilson is on the downward slope to being ONE. I've already started a pintrest board for first birthday party ideas. These first 7 months have gone by in a blink and I can only imagine the next 5 will go by just as fast. Time needs to slow down. For Real.



- I'm guessing Wilson weighs around 21 pounds and is almost 29 inches long. His little legs seems so much longer than other babies. Maybe (hopefully) that means he will be on the tall side.

- He is wearing size 4 diapers.  His clothes are some 9 month, mostly 12 month, and even some 18 month clothes.  They seem to stop making onesies and footed pajamas at 12 months, so Wilson has been wearing proper t-shirts and two piece jammies. They make him look SO GROWN UP.

- Wilson takes an 8 ounce bottle at 9, 1, 5, and 9. He will usually take all 8 ounces in the morning and at night time.  The two mid-day bottles are hit and miss; sometimes he takes it all sometimes only half. But his doctor said that he was getting plenty to eat, so I'm not worried.



- He loves to feed himself! He goes crazy for puffs or yogurt melts. He knows what the package looks and sounds like and if he sees or hears it, he demands snacks. He also likes to eat table food, especially bananas, beans, corn, bread, and berries. He has been uninterested in his purees (that I just spent a fortune stocking up on, go figure).  I think its mostly that he wants to feed himself.

- I feel like his social skills made huge leaps this month. I can tell he is starting to be unsure of "strangers" but he also remembers and recognizes people, like his grandparents. He has also developed a "fake" cry that he uses to tell us he is unhappy. It usually happens when he is bored or we are making him do something he doesn't want, like change his diaper or take his medicine. He smiles and laughs all the time.

- His sleep took a two week period of regression this month. He went from sleeping soundly throughout the night to waking up 4-5 times per night. I'm not sure what happened, maybe teething or separation anxiety. But he slept fairly well this week and only woke up 1 time a night and usually put himself back to sleep. He goes to be between 9-10 and wakes up between 8-10.



- Wilson is officially trying to crawl. He rocks back and forth whenever he gets on his hands and knees. If the cat or dog is around, he will try his hardest to scoot to them. If he isn't trying to crawl, he is over sitting or rolling. He wants to stand up all the time. He can balance and hold himself up if he holds on to the side of his crib or the couch. I think he really just wants to bypass crawling and go straight to walking.

- I can see the very top of a little, white tooth trying to peek through in his bottom  gums. 

- Other new skills he has are clapping his hands together, drinking from a cup with a straw, babbling "mama" and "dada" constantly, sitting up from a lying position, and "responding" when he is being spoken to (usually in the form of a yell, squeak, or roar).



- He adores animals. He has met three dogs and he loved them all. It is really sweet to see him light up and squeal in delight watching animals. We are hoping to take him to the zoo next weekend and I think he will really love it.

- Likes: his cup, snacks, when daddy comes home, the walker, Sadie and the cats, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, being praised, being tickled, and kisses

- Dislikes: diaper changes, changing clothes, loud noises, bath time, not getting his way or having something taken away from him

3 comments:

  1. He is getting so big!! I tried giving Blake a sippy cup and he looked at me like I'm crazy. It was one of the ones with the hard plastic tops tho so maybe I'll try a straw one and see if he likes that better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I saw some great deals at Target this week for clothes. I got Blake some footed pj's (12mo size) because I love them and they had a bunch of 18 and 24mo fall / winter clothes on sale for super cheap. Like I got him a zip up hoodie that'll fit him in the winter for $2.30. I'm not sure how far you are from a Target and if there are even any up there so this might be useless info lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! There isn't a Target in the delta, but we are going to visit my parents in Olive Branch this week and they have one. I'll be sure to check it out. My husband keeps it freezing in our house so footed pajamas are a must.

      Delete