Tuesday, May 27, 2014

3.5 day weekend

Friday, Caleb took off work at noon so we could drive up to Southaven for his sister's high school graduation. How the little girl I met when she was in 6th grade is now a college bound, young adult is beyond me. I can't believe how fast it seems she has grown up. It makes me feel OLD. At the ceremony, I realized that I used to baby sit the valedictorian of the class. I'm so so so old. 




The graduation didn't start until late, so Wilson got to spend the night with my parents. We were able to go eat in downtown Memphis with all of Caleb's family plus some of Pace's friends. The food was good and We had fun spending time together, but we were out until 1 am. I haven't been out that late in a very very long time. I paid for it the next day. 

We had only planned on staying one night, but we ended up spending the whole weekend in Southaven. We got to spend some rare time with Caleb's brother. We were able to go shopping and get Wilson clothes that will hopefully get him through the summer. I also got to go to the movies for the first time since Wilson was born. 

I love spending the weekends with our families. Wilson has new places to expire and people to play with. Caleb and I can go out on our own, which is always a treat. There is so much to do up there. I always said I would never ever live in the suburbs, but they certainly have their benefits for families. I understand their appeal much more now that I have my own family. 

On an unrelated note, my phone is on its last leg and just barely works. I'm getting a new one this week (hopefully) but I haven't even able to take hardly any pictures of Wilson in about a week. Which, I know that isn't very long, but multiple times per day he will do something cute and I'll reach for my phone only to remember it doesn't work. It bums me out. 







Please ignore how mesy my table and bar area are but I can't get over this picture. The vacuum cleaner scared Wilson so Caleb turned it off. Wilson was so offended that he just laid in my arms and pouted for 10 minutes. I didn't realize Caleb was taking this picture or I would have sat up straight. Ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment