Monday, May 19, 2014

Over the weekend

Friday, Wilson took his first real steps. My 8 1/2 month old took his first steps. Where is my baby and who is this big kid that replaced him over night? 

The first ones were by accident, I think. He had pulled himself up on the edge of the couch, and I was sitting in the middle of the floor, maybe 3 feet away. I was talking to him and he just let go of the couch and wobbled to me. It happened so fast, we were both in shock. I could see him thinking "Did I just do that? How did I do that?"  

Friday night, Caleb and I got on the floor with Wilson and got him to walk back and forth between us, probably about 4-5 feet. Sometimes he would lose his balance and fall, but more often, he could keep his balance and take little steps. It was amazing. I cried. 

Since then, he hasn't been quite as successful. He seems scared of falling. He can stand unassisted, but he is hesitant to move his feet. Silly boy. Caleb said his little legs may be tired from all the walking he did Friday. 

Saturday, we went grocery shopping. I have been trying to come up with food options for Wilson and Saturday, I found my solution. I bought several fresh fruits and vegetables like pears, apples, broccoli, carrots etc. I got home and chopped them up, blanched them until the got soft and then frozen them in individual portions. I made Wilson nearly 20 portions of food for less than $5. Carrots, for example, cost $1.29 for a Gerber single serve package. I made 8 servings for .79 cents. I was proud of myself. It did take me nearly 2 hours of prep, chopping, cooking, freezing and packaging, but the money we save is 100% worth it. It's so nice that I can go to the fridge, pick out his food, microwave it for a few seconds and fresh fruit and vegetables are ready for him to eat. Mom win. 





We went to the park Saturday evening. On the way back, Wilson grabbed my finger and bit it pretty hard. I told him that it hurt, and he started crying. Maybe he felt sorry? 



Sunday, we stayed at home. We trimmed our hedges and I used our George Foreman grill (that was a wedding gift) for the first time. 

1 comments:

  1. Making baby food is so much cheaper and you know exactly what he is eating. I made blake some Popsicles today just in time for the apparent heat wave

    ReplyDelete