Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The good, the bad, the ugly

-- The Good --

We finally got to spend a day in the pool! On Sunday we drove up to my in-laws and swam in their pool. Wilson was a little unsure at fury, but he ended up loving it. I can't wait to get back in there! 


The 9 month sleep recession is over! Praise baby Jesus. 

Next weekend is the 4th of July. Caleb has a long weekend and Wilson is going to his grandparents. We are going to take a day trip somewhere, just not sure where yet. 

-- The Bad --

We are sleep training. For naps, we are trying to get Wilson to nap in his crib for at least 1-1.5 hours. It's hit and miss. For night, we are trying to put him down drowsy but awake. It's been rough. It has taken over an hour each night. I'm not sure it's working. 

I've been in a crappy mood lately. I haven't been especially patient or kind to Caleb or Wilson (or even Sadie) and it makes me frustrated with myself. 

-- The Ugly --

I was woken up at 5:30 am to a living room and bedroom full of dog diarrhea. I know that's gross. It was terrible. Overnight, Sadie found a bottle of tums and ate them all. Soooo, dog owners, don't let your dog eat tums. It was the grossest thing ever. Thank baby Jesus (again) we don't have carpet. 

 (I called the vet and they said she would be fine. Apparently the fake sugar in the tums is what caused the problem.) 

1 comments:

  1. That pool is so nice! Sure beats our kiddie pool haha. I totally forgot about the long weekend. I blame the whole Canadian thing. Canada Day is July 1st so I'll be in Canada for that which is a big deal up there. Not quite like the 4th tho down here. Day trips are fun - you get away but still get to sleep in your own bed at night.
    I am way too familiar with nasty dog stories. I have 2 and one has seizures and sometimes can't control himself so I have been covered in dog pee and poop more times than I can count.

    ReplyDelete