Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wilson -- 9 months

I realized this morning that Wilson has been outside as long as he was inside me. Wow. He is getting so big. 



- Wilson weighs 23 pounds 4 ounces and is 31 inches long (if I measured him correctly. Caleb says it's impossible he is that long, but I think he is). 

- He is wearing 12 month and 18 month clothes. The 12 month tshirts and rompers are almost too short, but 12 month pants fit perfectly. For Wilson to be 23 pounds, he really doesn't have a big belly. Still in size 4 diapers.  

- He is still taking 4 bottles a day. 8 ounces during the daytime and then 10 before bed. 



- He has become a much better eater this month. He eats 3 meals a day with a small afternoon snack. For breakfast he has a grain (pancakes, Cheerios, toast) and fruit (oranges, apples, berries). Lunch is a deconstructed sandwich with meat, cheese, and bread. Dinner is usually two vegetables and a bite of what we are having. His favorites are oranges, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and turkey. 

- Sleep is still about the same, too. He takes an hour and a half morning nap and a two hour afternoon nap. He goes to bed around 9 and gets up between 8-9. 

- He has become so vocal this month. If he is unhappy, he lets us know about it. If I take something away from him or move him away from where he wants to be, he flails his arms and starts fussing. He doesn't cry but babbles angry sounding syllables at us. It's pretty hilarious because he really sounds like he is telling us off in baby language. He also babbles to himself while he plays with his toys. I love his sweet voice. 



- He has 3 teeth now with the 4th not far behind. His top left tooth came through about a week ago and I think I can see the other about to come in. 

- Wilson learned a few new skills this month. The biggest was walking, both assisted and unassisted. He can walk on his own about 3-4 feet before he gets unsure and falls. He uses his push walker and goes all over the house at about 50 mph. He is so fast. He learned to wave hello and to give kisses. 



- I can tell he is starting to be really attached to me. If he wake up at night, he usually doesn't want Caleb and will scream abs cry until I come and get him. He also will cling on to me or sit in my lap if we are somewhere new. It's really ok with me and I'm glad he feels safe with me. 

- Likes: stuffed animals, Daniel Tiger, Sadie, going for walks, playing with anything he isnt supposed to, when daddy gets home

- Dislikes: diaper changes!!!!!!, baths, getting in trouble

1 comments:

  1. Aren't diaper changes a nightmare? It's like wrestling a big worm every single time!

    ReplyDelete