Monday, July 21, 2014

4 day weekend

Let me start by saying that 4 day weekends are the best and need to happen more often. The last time we spent 4 whole days together was Christmas. Two day weekends just aren't enough time. 

Thursday we just spent time together. We cleaned the house a bit, went to the grocery store, and watched a whole lot of netflix. 

Friday, my mother in law and sister in law came to visit Wilson. We ordered pizza and Wilson played with the new toys they brought him. 

Saturday, we went to visit my gran in Water Valley. We went to Oxford and had dinner at Zaxby's, which is just about the only place that Caleb and I both love. We have very different tastes. We also went by their Goodwill store. Caleb is obsessed with Goodwill. And I don't blame him. He always seems to find name brand dress shirts and pants. He has gotten like-new things from The Gap, J.Crew, LL Bean, and Perry Ellis. All for $3.99 a piece. I never looked much on the women's section, but I gave it a try Saturday. Omg, have I been missing out. I got so much stuff. I got a khaki Vineyard Vines skirt that still had the tags on it! For $3.99!!!! I got two skirts, three shirts (one from Talbots, which Caleb laughed at me for because only old ladies shop at  Talbots but it looked cute on me), a pair of designer jeans, and some nike shorts for a grand total of $30. All of it looks barely worn. I think I'm a Goodwill convert now. 

Sunday, we just relaxed and watched more netflix. I'm currently watching The X Files and Caleb is watching The West Wing. We were both too young to watch them when the shows originally aired, but we felt we were missing out on some great series. 

Wilson has been so sweet and fun lately. We went through a few weeks where he was always pretty fussy but whatever that was has passed. Now he just goes goes goes constantly. He is so curious and he plays really well with us or by himself. He is constantly looking for a door to open (he learned that skill waaaayy to soon for my liking) or a drawer to pull open. He says "mamma" when he is tired or wants to cuddle or wants his bottle. So he may not have the meaning quite right, but he is using his words to express that he wants something specific, which just blows my mind. I also think he may be understanding that shaking his head means "no". He shakes his head when he is in trouble or when he is unhappy. Wilson also cut his 5th tooth and the 6th will probably break thru this week. 

I'm going to write a whole post about our success with sleep training but I just have to brag for a minute. We now put Wilson down between 9-10 (which may seem late but that's just when he gets tired. He isn't overly tired nor does he show any signs of being sleepy before then), we give him a hug and kiss and put him in his crib and he instantly lays down and doesn't make another peep until morning. No crying whatsoever. It is amazing. And the best part, Wilson sleeps until 9:30-10:30 most days. On Sunday, after his big day Saturday, he slept until 11:15! Our tight schedule has gone to hell but I'm sure we will get back on a new one soon. I don't even care as long as we all keep getting long nights of sleep. 






1 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of his sleeping! We are lucky if Blake gets 10 hours a night! 12+ would be amazing.
    I love second hand stores but haven't really gone to many around here so far. We got a lot of Blake's clothes from there before he was born but now with a cousin almost exactly a year older than Blake, we get a lot of things from him since they are around the same size. I'm a little iffy on buying toys for some reason from a second hand store... even with cleaning and sanitizing them I still get weirded out by it for some reason

    ReplyDelete