Friday, August 22, 2014

It was awesome

I had my first graduate class last night and there are no words to describe how awesome it was. It was so so so good. 

I was a ball of nerves all day yesterday. I knots in my stomach from excitement and stress. I felt really insecure and that I made a huge mistake trying to juggle a masters program and a toddler. I was scared no one would like me and I wouldn't know anyone. I was terrified I wasn't smart enough. I knew the course work would keep me up and take my attention away from my family. 

But despite all that fear, I put on my big girl pants and went to class. And from the moment I saw my professor, all of that fear went away. I adore my professor, who was my undergrad advisor. The man is by far the most brilliant man I know, he is kind, he has a sharp, irreverent wit, and he honestly wants us to learn. I forgot just how much I like him. 

I know several of my classmates already and everyone seemed very friendly. It's a class only 10 women, so that should be interesting. There is one super annoying girl but you know, there is one in every class, it seems. 

I felt on top of the world when I left class last night. I can do this. Not only that, but I can succeed at this. I am going to learn and grow and make myself better. 

I'm so excited now. So pumped. I really kind of forgot what it was like to be someone other than mom. And while that is still my main hat to wear, two nights per week (I switched my classes) I get to be an adult, a grad student. It is awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment