Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wilson -- 12 months

Holy cow. I have a one year old. One! This month has been full of changes and new skills. It almost seems like Wilson knows he is a big boy now and is done with a lot of his "baby" ways. 



- We weighed Wilson 3 weeks ago and he weighed 26 1/2 pounds. I'll guess he will be 27 at his one year well check. I have no idea how tall he is. I will attempt to measure him soon because I'm curious now. 

- We moved up to size 5 diapers, Despite having an almost full box of 4s. He was leaking out of them left and right (and all over me) so i guess we will save all those extra diapers for the next baby. He uses target brand during the day and pampers at night. 



- Clothing sizes are all over the place. 18 month shorts and pants, 24 month or 2t shirts, onesies, or rompers. I'm starting to realize that different stores/brands have very different sizing. He has some 18 month Gap shirts that are almost too big, but 2t from Children's Place or Carter's are just right. Why can't we all agree on uniform sizing? 

- Wilson takes a cupful of milk when he wakes up, after lunch, and before bed. We are adding formula to the last bottle until we run out, which will be pretty soon. Wilson has not batted an eye switching to milk. We were doing a bottle at night, but one night, he straight up refused to put the bottle in his mouth. We  tried putting it in a cup and he was happy.  Something kind of odd; he had a terrible diaper rash that I could not get rid of and the nurse my mom works with suggested we switch to 2% milk instead of whole because of the lactic acid and fat upsetting Wilson's stomach. I didn't think it would work, but dammit if it didn't clear up his diaper rash and keep it away. I know babies need the full fat from milk, so Im going to bring it up with his doctor. 



- Wilson is still a great eater. He has his favorite foods, but he will eat anything. He has 3 meals and a snack everyday. Some favorites are zucchini, broccoli, organic chicken nuggets, pizza, olives, pickles, and any type of bread. I read up on allergens and decided since the AAP says there is no evidence introducing potential allergens increases risk of allergic reaction and we have no family history of food allergies, I decided to let Wilson have eggs, fish, and nuts. He had peanut butter for the first time this month and he loves it. 

- Wilson continues to be an excellent night time sleeper. I hold him while he takes his cup of milk at night. I was rocking him for just a few minutes before bed every night, but he decided he was done with that. He pushes away from me and whines until we put him in his crib. It makes me sad, but I'm glad he want to get in his bed and get comfortable. He goes to bed between 9-9:30 and wakes up between 9-10.


- Naps. O, naps. As well as Wilson sleeps at night, he makes up for being a difficult napper. We cut down to only one mid-day nap from 12:45-3 (give or take and hour). He cannot nap in his crib. He wants me to hold him. I know it's my fault for letting him nap on me for so long, but I know we need to quit. I tried putting him in his crib but he just screams and screams. I think he may have to cry this one out which makes me so sad. 

- Wilson has lots of new skills but he is a bit shy "performing". He dances, he "sings", he makes animal sounds, he waves bye-bye, he points and reaches for things. One thing that has shocked me is that Wilson is a great sharer. He will give anyone who asks a bite of his food, his toys, his books. I think Wilson has my mostly disposition, but sharing is not one of my strong suits. I hope he keeps this up. Kind of makes me want to give him a sibling since he seems to eager to share with others. Kind of. Wilson is also obsessed with putting things back. Like he takes something off a shelf, plays with it, then puts it back. He likes sorting and placing things. We are working on teaching him where his toys belong so our living room won't look like a disaster zone. 



- Likes: books, toys that sing, Daniel Tiger, eating, his family, being tickled, climbing

- Dislikes: diaper changes, being tired, being told no, loud sounds 


1 comments:

  1. I feel like I've watched him grow over the past year. He is getting so big! Whenever I try measuring blake it's never right so I've given up. I wish blake made animal noises. Instead he just looks at me like I'm crazy haha. He waved bye and said bu bye to the cashier at Kroger last week and it was so adorable but of course has rarely done it since!

    ReplyDelete