Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hello, 2015

So I really hate the whole "new year, new you" thing. I like the old me, k?



I sorta (really) slacked off on the blogging in the last half of the year. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't feel like writing. So here's a little life update to get caught up.

 

In November, we had a new rental house just fall in our laps. It's 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with a huge playroom and kitchen plus an inside laundry room (you have no idea how happy this makes me). Rent was about $200 cheaper than what we were paying. So twice as much space for less money, YES PLEASE. The only catch is, the house is in the middle of nowhere. Literally surrounded by cornfields, 20 miles outside Cleveland. But we couldn't pass up the space at that price, so I now live in the "country", just 6 miles from the Mississippi River. It has been an adjustment, but it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought. Dare I say, Wilson and I are truly enjoying all the space and fresh air. 





In December, Caleb and I had two crazy weeks of finals. We both were sleeping 3-4 hours per night and doing homework from 4am to whenever Wilson woke up. It was crazy. But the hard work paid off and we both made straight A's. 4.0, whooo hooo! 



That's the major happenings around here. The holidays were such fun but one huge blur. I'm looking forward to my birthday in two weeks and starting new classes. Caleb is teaching a class this semester, which is so fun. When we first started dating, he told me he wanted to be a college professor when he grew up.  It's pretty exciting to see his dreams coming true (and I guess this means we are grown up now! Eeeek!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment